Monday, November 24, 2008

Fall visit to Cataloochee

The riverThe family made it back to Cataloochee this year for a last bout camping with our friends the Brandons. The leaves were in full color and although it got very cold, we had a great time.

The first night we arrived, there were no small campsites available, so we drove up to the ranger's station and luckily got booked for a group campsite, along with 3 guys from Israel. If it hadn't been available, we would've had to drive back down the mountain to Asheville and hopefully found a hotel. Everything ended up ok, and we enjoyed the time. As we were about to leave on Saturday, a small site opened up and we were able to move there. Although it wasn't as relaxing as many of our trips, it was beautiful weather, and a good time.

I finally got to try out my new filter system and continue to get used to the new telephoto. The filter system is a slide filter made by Cokin and I think is going to revolutionize my pictures. A special thanks to Philjomo on Flickr for his help and advice on what to buy. I was so inspired by his photos of Zion national park that I contacted him about his techniques.

No comments: