Although I'm just a hobbyist, I work hard to try to capture the beauty I see around me in everyday life, nature and travels. I wouldn't say I've developed a particular style yet, but I enjoy taking pictures of my daughter, macros, natural landscapes, cars and people. I enjoy the challenge of learning, and the realization of all I don't know. On this site, I'll link you to featured pictures I store on my Flickr account. I'll also blog about other photographers, photography books I'm reading, post processing software and techniques that interest me.
Background:
I got into photography about 5 years ago, a little before Cara and I got married. Since then I've read numerous books and am on my fourth camera. I love getting to know the cameras inside and out as well as new techniques. I follow several other photographers blogs and work and I'll try to reference them here.
What's in my bag?
I shoot with Canon gear, and have enjoyed their ease of use. I got started with Canon because Cara, my dad and brother all had Canon film cameras, and made it easy to switch lenses. I like the range of lenses and equipment you can choose from, and the interoperability with other bodies in the line.
Body: Right now I have a Canon 40d, which I just got and am still learning. Previously I've had both the original Digital Rebel (300d) and Digital Rebel XT (350d). I really enjoyed the 350d, and had the battery grip. It's a great camera and easy to use, but still advanced enough to do all the major SLR functions.
Glass:
- 17-40L f4 USM
- 28-135 f3.5-5 IS USM
- 50mm f1.8
- 85mm f1.8 USM
- 100mm f1.8 1:1 Macro USM
- 75-300 f4-5.5 IS USM
Other: 550ex speedlight, 2 light umbrellas and a reflector
Enjoy reading, and come back soon for more posts! BTW, If you're a "Google Reader" person, use the following link to subscribe
No comments:
Post a Comment